Smoke FREE Ontario Act
The buildings, grounds, and parking lots of the Winchester Arena and the Chesterville Arena are fully SMOKE FREE in accordance with PROVINCIAL LAW.
“If you smoke or vape where it is not allowed, you may be charged with an offence and subject to a fine ($1,000 for a first offence, $5,000 for any further offence) if convicted.
- “smoking” means smoking (inhaling and exhaling) or holding lighted tobacco or cannabis (medical or recreational)
- “vaping” means inhaling or exhaling vapour from an electronic cigarette (e-cigarette) or holding an activated e-cigarette, whether or not the vapour contains nicotine
You cannot smoke or vape on the outdoor grounds of a community recreational facility and any public areas within 20 metres of its GROUNDS.
A community recreational facility is an enclosed public place or enclosed workplace that offers athletic and recreational programs to the local community and is owned or operated by:
- a not-for-profit corporation
- an organization registered as a charity
- the province
- a municipality” www.ontario.ca/page/where-you-cant-smoke-or-vape-ontario#section-7
A downloadable pdf copy of Ontario’s Smoke Free Act is available here